Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The Hurricane hits

Another thing that you have to get used to as a human in today's society is the fact that there will be moments in your life when you will be inundated with stuff to do for a very brief period. The amount of things will undoubtedly be more than you can handle.
So here's the story so far from us. After Noddy's car fiasco we had to go car hunting over the weekend because the insurance people decided to write her car off. Not only that, but we also had to get paperwork ready for our visa extensions, call all the utilities to get them setup at the new home, get home insurance done, get insurance for the new car and talk to the mortgage people to finalize mortgage paperwork. Not to mention the fact that we have got to pack up this new home, get a mover, rent a truck and organize that move!
And here's where we stand. Noddy has bought a 1998 Honda Civic. It's a commuter car and that's about it. That's all you get with a 1.6L engine. I personally just do not like putting money into cars. So that's out of the way. I think I also have the insurance under control - both home and auto. A few of the utilities are done and a few remain. The mortgage is still wavering and that has frustrated me for three days. They still will not finalize the closing payments and it is amazing how many times I have called them. I feel like a telemarketer.
By the end of today, hopefully everything will be taken care of. Tomorrow, we get the keys to our new home. Of course we pay a huge ransom for it - I call it ransom because it is an obscene amount. Tomorrow we shall temporarily fall below the poverty line in this country. But believe me it will be worth it.
I will send pictures of our new home shortly. I have been meaning to do that for over a month so you can imagine the amount of stuff we are dealing with.

11 Comments:

Blogger Puppetainer said...

Have fun at the closing!

Your hand will cramp with all the signing, but it'll be worth it. And the home will finally be yours!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous discount hotel booking said...

Well this blog is not about madrid hotel discount. Funny I have been do hours of research on madrid hotel discount and it brought me to your blog on The Hurricane hits. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Sheeshers and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous madrid hotel discount said...

Hi Sheeshers your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on st louis hotel discount I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to The Hurricane hits, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about st louis hotel discount. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at st louis hotel discount. You never know you may find some good deals!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous discount hotel reservation uk said...

I love your blog Sheeshers. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of discount hotel deal and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on discount hotel deal. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit The Hurricane hits again!!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous discount hotel deal said...

Well I just got back from the gym and I am beat. I am currently doing some research on discount hotel miami beach and stumbled across your blog. Which cracks me up really. The internet can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though The Hurricane hits is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some very good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at discount hotel miami beach. If you have the energy swing by discount hotel miami beach. I try to update my site weekly and maybe you will see something you like. I already snagged your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Great job!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous american home mortgage said...

Hi Sheeshers, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on mortgage life insurance, I ended up on your page. Your The Hurricane hits shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about mortgage life insurance.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous interest only mortgage calculator said...

Hi Sheeshers, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on mortgage protection I somehow ended up on your page. As your The Hurricane hits is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about mortgage protection, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Mortgage Center said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about cco mortgage
that covers cco mortgage
related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous dallas carpet cleaning said...

Hey Great Blog! Need any information on cleaning Check out my web site dallas carpet cleaning it relates to dallas carpet cleaning

3:26 AM  
Anonymous best refinance mortgages said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on interest only mortgage calculator I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for interest only mortgage calculator. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about interest only mortgage calculator.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous residential mortgage said...

Surfing for detailed info on mortgage interest when I found your page. Should you ever need information on mortgage interest then drop by the site above and check it out.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home