Monday, August 09, 2004

Monday !! Why do they make Mondays !!

Remember the fact that I had forgotten my formal belt? Okay, hang on to that thought.

So I get up in the morning and after a shower, I start getting dressed and keep watching TV at the same time. I am extremely proud of the fact that my trousers are so nearly ironed and so is my shirt. I can now strategically place my shirt right below the waistline of my trousers so that people can’t tell I don’t have a belt unless they want to peep and look. With all that done, I am ready and just need to put my formal shoes on and get out.

FORMAL SHOES!!!!! What the heck, where are my formal shoes!! Oh right, I know where they are. They are on the shoe rack back in Dayton at my house. That’s good for the shoes, but not so good for me. Not very good at all. No belt, no formal shoes, and all formal shirt and trousers. Two alternatives exist. Both are bad. First is, wear the jeans with the formal shirt and your sneakers won’t look real bad – only you would. Second is, keep wearing the formal trousers and the shirt and wear sneakers. I decided to go with the latter and since I was meeting Keith down in the lobby for breakfast, I will just check with him on what to do. I explained to Keith my predicament and he said that jeans aren’t really worn at that customer site. Okay so that doesn’t leave me with any alternative but to go like this.

I spent the rest of the day keeping my dirty sneakers hidden and trying to look like I wasn’t from a rehabilitation center looking for work. I might as well have had a sign that said, “Will work for food”, because I did look like a very upscale jester. Thankfully, no one at the customer site said anything. I know for a fact that they did notice the oddities in my dressing sense. I braved through this ordeal and cursed myself for not bringing the belt and the shoes.

The rest of the day went fine. Dinner was at a good place and I had changed into my jeans so I was able to eat comfortably without the fear of being thrown out of the restaurant for improper dress code.

I got lucky when I turned on the TV. Two good movies – Bend it like Beckham and Falling Down. I hadn’t seen the latter and definitely didn’t mind seeing the former again. I called my sweetheart and said goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home