Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Home Improving

I was watering my Sahara desert like backyard last night hoping I'd get some grass so that the neighbors don't think I'm a big loser. I was also contemplating buying a big can of green spray paint and putting it all over so that it looked like real nice green grass.

During that endeavor, I saw - not one, not two - FOUR full blades of baby grass in the backyard. I am so happy. I have four blades of grass. That's so nice. I am going to celebrate tonight. I have successfully seeded my backyard with four blades of grass. What a thing to be proud of.

Anyway, it seems like "four" was the number of the day because I also assembled the four chairs that are part of the breakfast table ensemble that we bought. Only the table remains to be assembled and I'll do that tonight.

Work was shitty - nothing more, nothing less. I beat Noddy at rock-paper-scissors 13/3....that's the biggest margin ever. I feel proud. That's the only game I can beat her at. Everything else, particularly the board games, she's rips me out within 15 minutes of starting.


Current state: Lazy but hungry


Current mood: Deep thought

7 Comments:

Blogger Puppetainer said...

Astroturf that's the answer you're looking for. Not only is it immediate, it's low maintenance.

Wait a minute, I was joking, but now there's something called Astrolawn. Maybe this is your answer!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, I think N cheats on all the board games

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, she does cheat and she will admit to it proudly too! :P
Pesky, time to defend yourself!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Sheeshers said...

Well I don't think I'd like artificial. I think I like the fact that grass lives, dies, changes color, gets longer/shorter and leaves green marks. I'd hate to lose that part of nature. I come from Bombay - a concrete jungle - hence the natural tendency to want real grass! But thanks for the insight into AstroLawn !!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!! congratulations, finally the proud daddy of 4 little angel grasslings.........

4:40 PM  
Blogger book_worm said...

I think you guys are just sore losers.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Sheeshers said...

By the way, "book_worm" is Noddy's handle in Blog land

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home