Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Pissing people off is devilishly fun...

...but before I get to that - here's yesterday's events in brief. Worked lazily and then picked up Smita at the airport. She's got a President Bush style itinerary with 17 interviews in 20 days for her internship site. I personally can't do that. Luckily quite a few of those 17 are phone interviews so no travel involved. After that, off to do some groceries, picked up dinner at Chipotle and home. At home, what is waiting but some bills in the mail. Opened up my heating bill - $284.00 !!!! Holy crap ! Oh well - that's what you get for being locked in home all December with the thermostat at 71 degrees and the fireplace being turned on very frequently. The electricity one was also there but was a decent 90 dollars or something like that.

Okay, now to the title of this post. I pissed someone off at work today. Wierd part? I enjoyed it. Probably because this man is an utterly useless blah-blah moron. So when someone on the high end of the idiotic spectrum gets pissed off, there's some evil pleasure that can be derived from it. Part of it is because that person pisses you off so much you're happy to piss them off once a while and get back. Other than that, it's very hard to get back at people who are ridiculously stupid because they don't get it. Anyway, I am so anti-social (which is a boon if you ask me) , that very few people like me at a personal level. What's strange is that I have more work colleagues who like me than real and actual non-work friends. Hmm...is there a psychologist in the house who can explain this? My mother didn't drop me on the head when I was born so there has to be a non-biological reason for this :-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeeellll...the psychologist in the house has her own musings for your 'dynamic' personality, but it will cost more than your heating + electricity bill per month! You know where to find me...

As a friend, I can tell you that I think it would have helped if your parents had dropped you once or twice on the head.
Dont other blog viewers who know Sheeshers, agree? :D

3:00 PM  
Blogger Puppetainer said...

You still haven't pissed him off enough for him to run away from every project you're both working on, have you?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Ha ha. I have to agree with you. There is a level of pleasure in pissing people off. That is, if they deserve it.

So what are you saying? People you work with have more respect for you then your friends? I don't think that's entirely strange.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sheeshers said...

I think pissing people off at work is more jeopardizing than pissing off your friends. The thing with friends is, you know that eventually it'll all be okay or you won't have that person as a friend. Either way, it's not life threatening.

But with work, if you piss too many people off, you might not have a job to piss anyone off at work anymore. So it affects you more directly that way I guess.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Sheeshers said...

Puppetainer, I don't think he's going to run away. If you're hoping for that, don't bother. :-)

11:14 AM  
Blogger TandyModd said...

Hmmmm this blog sounds a lil familiar, I as well work with idiots, common sense imcompetent boobs. I know the feeling, as for my help, I want to be a psychologist but I can't help you unless youre addicted to something, so if you don't mind find a vice and overload on it and I will be there to help you. Good blog, very interesting. If you have any suggestions on how to rid of work place morons please by all means let me know.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

The office I work for tends to be much like high school. You have your cliques and if you're not amoung the popular one, you don't further advance in the company.

I don't plan on being there much longer so I could care less if I piss off a few incompetent people.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home