Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Shitty day

Really really shitty day at work. We had a group re-org and I got a really lame deal out of it all. It doesn't get any worse than this.

So really there are two options - stay or leave. Stay involves two options - stay in the new re-org'd fashion or ask for a demotion because I am currently unwilling to put up with the rearrangement. Leave involves two options - leave and join another group internally or leave and join another company. While the second option looks more promising, I am going to spend this year working on upp'ing my credentials big time so that I am in prime position to do that if that's what's necessary to get out of this ungodly arrangement that I have been thrust in.

The reorg does not affect core things such as my job security and my salary and my future.....so it's not really making me insecure in any fashion. But it does affect my role and how I see myself in this company - it diminishes both of them. Hence the problem.

Will work towards getting out of this using any of the options outlined above.

2 Comments:

Blogger Puppetainer said...

Well, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

4:47 PM  
Blogger jody said...

that does suck. i have this way of bringing everyone around me down. im just plain bad luck!!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home