Thursday, March 17, 2005

Well work SUCKED but besides that....

God what an awful day at work. Had to deal with incompetency and for the first time I pushed back real hard and I said it's NOT okay and I won't just deal with it. I ruffled quite a few feathers but plan on continuing that spree tomorrow. Management is CC'ed all over those emails so we'll find out if they want me to do by-the-seat-of-my-pants work or something more methodic. Tomorrow is really crucial in finding out where things stand and what management truly wants me to operate in terms of how work gets done.

Other than that, attended a Microsoft event and that turned out to be a partially useful effort. So that's good. I did get a T-shirt out of it all, if that's worth mentionable. Plus some cool DVD's with development platforms etc. So I came out happy with that. Overall, the event turned out useful for me although it took away an entire afternoon's worth of work at office.

Evening comes and Noddy and myself go out to Tumbleweed. Her favorite restaurant I must say. We did well. I had one beer and she had a couple of margharitas highly diluted with all that melting ice. Food was stellar as usual. St. Patrick's Day meant that my beer was nice and green. Back after that and I went to Target to buy myself headphones because my previous set broke. I ended up getting these and am using them right now. They're AOK but that's about it. You get what you pay for. I almost bought these but decided not to. I've had bad experiences with these in-the-ear type thingies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

work related post...

3:58 AM  
Blogger TandyModd said...

It's the weekend now, so Happy Weekend hope you have another one like last weekend!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home