Saturday, April 02, 2005

Earliest post ... EVER

So here I am ... it's 5:45 am and I'm posting the earliest blogpost I can ever remember. I got up at 4 am with a splitting headache. No .. lets back up a little bit. I slept at 8 pm with a bad headache. I usually go to bed around midnight so this was really unusual. Anyway, we had finished dinner so there wasn't much point in staying awake with a stupid headache. Off to bed...

... wierd dreams to follow ....

First one, I found myself back in India. Don't know how. Just was there. Maybe it's because I've been reading Archana's blog and she's right now enjoying in India. Anyway, I'm in Bombay with Noddy and my parents and we're going to familiar places. Sometimes I'm alone and other times I'm with them. It occurs to me that I might actually some day (many many years later?) go back to India for good and not stay here. Don't know any of that right now so the thought came and went away quickly.


Second one....whatever the heck this was. I'm standing in the parking lot of the company where I work, trying to rescue a wolf and he is sitting under a car. My fear is that the car driver won't know there's a wolf underneath and might drive over him. So I'm trying to get him out from underneath the car and he won't come. And then what do I do? I howl like a wolf to get him out. Of course, in dreams you can do anything. So the howl is really natural and can be heard for quite a distance...just like a natural wolf's howl. That's just great. Now two more wolves are seen in the distance and they're responding to my wolf-call !! Okay THAT was a stupid idea. Note-to-self .. don't let out animal cries that might attract attention of multiple meat-eating animals. So anyway, the predictable thing happens. I see one of the wolves in the distance hurtling towards me at top speed. His general expression does not look happy ..for example...he doesn't have a smile on his face. Just a big set of teeth. Hmm..maybe I should run. So I do run at top speed trying to get inside the company building. There's a turnstile at the entrance of the building and I have to swipe my badge to get in. But I run like mad, get the badge to swipe and jump into the turnstile barely missing the wolf who wants to eat me so bad.

... end of second dream causes sleep to go away and I wake up, trying to get back to sleep. This is the hardest....especially if the headache is still there. Got up, cleaned up the kitchen mess due to dinner(it's my job...Noddy cooks, I clean), chatted with mom a little bit and now I'm off to make myself a hot cup of tea. Hey I just heard the first bird chirp outside my home...and now the other birds are following. This is so cool!! It's raining outside, the birds are starting to wake up and I'm going to have a nice hot cup of tea in my hands. Woo-hoo to life!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

The first dream is a pleasant one and it may be because of my blog...How about the second one??

4:05 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Wow---that is an early post record that I don't think I'll ever beat. Or want to beat. Unless I've just stayed up that late and I am doing it before going to sleep.

1:50 PM  
Blogger jody said...

Welcome to my world of silly dreams. Mine are mostly about death and blood and monsters. I'm going to search dream sites... I'll let you know what i discover. :)

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home