Thursday, May 05, 2005

I don't have a title for this one

Will has rightly advised me to try and be careful about blogging work related stuff here. I appreciate your advice Will. You will find that the previous post has now disappeared. Sometimes I really need a let-out and it's sad that companies are now invading into a personal expression space such as one's personal blog to see if there are any anti-corporate statements there which could be used for terminating his or her career. Sad- but nevertheless - true.

Anyway, yesterday I had the dreaded employee review for 2004 . I have lots to say but I won't say. What I have to say can get me fired so why bother. I'll pick another avenue to vent whatever I feel like. The less said about it, the better.

We watched "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". The movie is quite offbeat and definitely reminded me of "Big Fish" .... a pure fantasyland movie where you have to go with the flow and the imagination to enjoy it. I think it was good but I don't know if I'd put it in my favorites section. Definitely well made - I really liked the sets and the special effects. The little girl was the cutest doll and very adorable. I probably would have hugged her 50 times a day if I was on the set of that movie. I love chubby kids ... umm... maybe because I was one too.

By the way, there is a charity cricket match for Tsunami victims at Lords in England. Damn ... I looked at the teams lineup and it's just breathtaking. Check out the team line-up here . I couldn't help notice how clever the organizers have been about this. The MCC team has an impressive and very formidable bowling line-up but a so-so batting order. On the other hand, International XI has one of the best batting line-ups that a selector can ask for, but the bowling does not come to the same par as MCC. This is going to be an exciting match.

5 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

So this is the cricket match....I wish I could go but its better off to stay here and donate though its hard to resist the temptation :((

6:16 AM  
Blogger Puppetainer said...

I always presume I can complain about work and yell "freedom of speech" if anyone gets upset, but in these post 9/11 days your method may be the safer one.

OTOH you can always set up another anonymous blog and post to your heart's content.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

blog about work buddy I say fuckem if they cant take a joke

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw "Hulk" yesterday...remember the big green man...nice movie..i like movies with a psychic twist..but it is beyond me as to how such a huge heavy man can jump like he is on the moon ! .. i mean big strides...anyone else watch this?....hey, what am i doing here,,,...this isnt mu blog..hey, hello...

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will sounds like a smart person!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home