Saturday, May 14, 2005

Trip to India

In about six months (sometime in December) we're trying to get a trip to India planned out. It's going to be Noddy, myself, her brother and her sis-in-law. They're pretty much the same age as us and as much fun. So it'll be great if we can all go together. I've got to call my sister in Australia and make sure she isn't planning something of her own that will conflict with this trip of ours.


Excluding food items, I need the following from there:

1) Music CDs
2) Video CDs , DVDs
3) Cotton shirts (maybe - this is getting cheaper and cheaper here in the US)
4) Lots of teeny tiny Indian artifacts that I can distribute around
5) A 6" marble replica of the Taj Mahal
6) Maybe some software and some computer parts (I've heard they're cheaper there)
7) Cricket 2005 - the game. Sad part about this is my PC's graphics card is too old to support this. I can barely play Cricket 2004
8) Some cricket stuff such as arm guards, some extra bails, balls etc.
9) Some Indian clothes for some guys at work who liked traditional stuff I wore.


Blogger peeps, if you have a wishlist post here. Noddy and I are allowed two big suitcases each during international travel. Plus whatever you carry as hand baggage. Trust me we can fit quite a bit. Put your wishlist here and then we'll get what we can.

Anyone need anything? Hey Archana, I can ship your stuff to you in UK ... no worries. Even though you've just come back from India, if there's something you missed out on , let me know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

Yeah yeah...I know....you can ship the stuff to UK...
Somehow, I was resisting the idea of going back to India in the next year or so "I HOPED"!
You guys are leaving in 6 months, not in 6 days!! Did you have to put this up now??
I will start preparing the list from today onwards.You've given me a lot of time.Reserve atleast 50 kilo of space for stuff I want.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Archana - Dont rub it in, yaar - 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!!
You better hope I get to go in December too, otherwise, my wishlist might require you to make a 2nd trip.
And you forgot to mention all the sweet & sour yummies, and soaking in all the love and attention!

~Synapse

2:04 AM  
Blogger Sheeshers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Archana said...

Okay, first thing's first....write this down in the list...

I really really feel like eating Bhel puri and Pani puri....I would do anything if you can get them nice, hot and fresh!

No ready-to-eats please :D

2:46 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I know what I want---trip pics on the blog---EVERYDAY!

ok, I'll settle for as much as you can while you're there and the rest after you get back and have had a couple nights of good sleep to recover.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home