Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Paying the price for it....

How many of you shop at any of the following stores? I'm not sure if these stores exist in other countries but this is a list of US electronic stores:

Best Buy
Circuit City
CompUSA
OfficeMax
OfficeDepot
Sony/Toshiba or other official sites of electronic manufacturers.

If you do, please I beg you to stop and compare prices online before purchasing from these stores. For what it's worth, just put your wanted item on my blog as a comment and I'll help you find it for a lower price. If I can't find it cheaper, then by all means go buy them at these stores. But in general, I'd say stop paying over-inflated prices for merchandise at these stores. The same stuff is available online at various outlets at sometimes much much lower prices. I am all for supporting local businesses, but these aren't businesses that need your support. They are stealing from you anyhow so don't even bother feeling bad about it. Most electronics you buy are from China and/or Taiwan. You are still paying heavy prices for it. Your best bet is to try and reduce your damage as much as possible.

I just had a guy at work who bought RAM for his computer from Toshiba website. He could've bought that same memory cheaper at a different online outlet but I guess he couldn't wait for it. That's another thing I don't understand - when it comes to electronics, how can you not wait for it? I mean, why does a DVD player have to be bought this evening if you can save about 30 or 50 dollars online and get it shipped free of cost after three or five days. Most of these electronic retail stores contain non-critical systems without which your life would go on at least for the next five days. So what is the rush to go and buy something that will conveniently reach your mailbox free of cost.


Please please please, just post it here and I'll try to find you a cheaper deal on things that are available in these stores. A lower price is, of course, not guaranteed but if you can save some money, please do it and make sure you don't pay these price gouging retailers.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing some of our retailers/customers were not on the list. :-)

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mysimon.com

10:35 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I was amazed after finding shopping.com what disparity on pricing that exists even online.

If nothing else, I'm just going to go there before I do anything anymore.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have some really good websites below that can help you with credit repair and legal law forms.
You can also check out the news section at "Latest Legal Articles"

Preparing legal documents has never been easier
with our library of forms, agreements, and checklists. It is valuable to small and growing businesses and entrepreneurs.

Have you ever needed a legal form but didn't know where to get one? Have you ever wanted to cover yourself in a legal agreement or make sure that those you love are protected? FastLawForms.com is an easy to use online legal forms provider that can and will save you thousands of dollars of lawyer's fees every year.
www.fastlawforms.com

Repair your own credit , Credit Repair is an ongoing matter for many consumers. Consumers have paid up to $500 or more to credit repair companies who follow this same process to remove their credit errors. Without credit you can't get a car, travel, loan money, or even get mortgage.

www.creditrepair.fastlawforms.com

Have you been victimized by credit repair companies? Many companies promise or guarantee to clean up your credit report so you can get a car loan, a home mortgage, insurance, etc. In reality, they can't deliver what they promise. You pay them hundreds dollars in fees and these companies do nothing to improve your credit. Many of them just disappear.

Everything a credit repair companies can do for you, you can do for yourself at no cost. No one can do a better job in repairing your own credit as you can. You are the only one responsible to make sure your credit report is accurate. Our guide will help you every step of the way.

www.creditrepair.fastlawforms.com

www.governmentgrants.fastlawforms.com
If your application for credit is denied due to information supplied by a credit bureau, the company you applied to must be liable to provide you with that credit bureau's contact information. Furthermore you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report if you've been denied credit within the last 60 days

Disputing credit mistakes or outdated items is free. Just ask the credit reporting agency for a dispute form or submit your dispute in writing, attach any supporting documentation. Always send them a copy instead of the original

www.creditrepair.fastlawforms.com Team

www.dogidea.com

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Giving Away Money said...

Hi there Sheeshers, I was out searching for the latest information on IGAM and found your site. Although Paying the price for it.... wasn't exactly what I was lookiing for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for IGAM related information, and I'm glad I stopped by even though this isn't a perfect match. Great post. Thanks for the read! Regards, Daniel/Rose

11:48 AM  
Anonymous IGAM said...

Hi there Sheeshers ! Great post you got here. I was out searching for the latest information on IGAM and found your site. Although Paying the price for it.... wasn't exactly what I was lookiing for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I found your page when I was looking for IGAM related information. Check out our site as well. You'll find links to our business sites. Thanks for the read! Best regards, Rose and Daniel

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Doable Home Business said...

Hi there Sheeshers ! Great post you got here. I was out searching for the latest information on Giving Away Money and found your site. Although Paying the price for it.... wasn't exactly what I was lookiing for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I found your page when I was looking for Giving Away Money related information. Check out our site as well. You'll find links to our business sites. Thanks for the read! Best regards, Rose and Daniel

6:59 PM  
Blogger Mortgage Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering abbey mortgage
related stuff. Feel free to visit my abbey mortgage
site.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous free online credit report said...

thanks for the info

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on lemon law massachusetts, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and

read your site. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any

new lemon law massachusetts laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of people are looking for Auto Rental Ibiza and pricing can vary so use websites like Auto Rental Ibiza to help you with your research in finding the best deal...The site www.cardiscountrental.com has proved to be useful for me...

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending so much time looking for pa lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post. A

pa lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending considerable time searching for kansas lemon law, I would like to say thanks for the post. A kansas lemon law isn't always easy to find quality information for. Thanks again.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for information on kentucky lemon law and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and

difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for kentucky lemon law, I came accross your site, not exactly what I

was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home