Sunday, June 05, 2005

Surprise !!

Ahh ...this is so relieving. I'm back to Blogging. Believe it or not, I was forced to not blog since my last post. That's because we were planning a surprise bridal shower this weekend for our friend Smita, who is an avid reader of my blog. So I wasn't at liberty to talk about the biggest thing we were looking forward to on this weekend.

The bridal shower was a smashing success. I picked up Smita in the evening under the pretext of a simple and humble dinner invitation. I dropped her off to my home and said I'll be back because I gotta go to the gas station. She didn't suspect much but these ladies were waiting at the door inside our home and Smita was very pleasantly surprised to see friendly faces including some of her best friends from out-of-town. The party itself was a lot of fun. Since some teenagers read my blog, all I can say is that the girls played several fun filled adult games with some very exciting answers from unexpected quarters. It was a women-only gig so I was out for the entire duration helping my friend move and then off for a dip in the pool.

By the time I got back after 10 pm, all festivities were over and we ended up with a smaller group that was interested in knocking their senses out with some nice alcohol. Shultz was trying to get drunk for the first time in her life. That was the deal we had with her when she was planning to come to Dayton from Chicago for the bridal shower. So we went shopping close to midnight and bought some Vodka and a Margharita mix and some Rum. The rum went unused but the Vodka was plenty used in margharitas, lemon-drops and other drinks made by Kathi.

Things started getting more active as we all resorted to dancing with loud music. I'm sure we were being a perfect pain in the behind to our neighbors but I'll make up for it by mowing their lawn or something like that. I'm sure they didn't appreciate the strong bass sounds at 2 am. It was a whole lot of fun. The best part was that everyone had brought lots of food for the party and I got all the leftovers. There were about three desserts (read cakes!), a main course and some appetizers. The food continues to be consumed as of right now.

Tomorow is back to dreary work. I am still working on a super secret formula that will eventually result in making Mondays as fun as Fridays or even Saturdays. I'll post the formula once I hit the right combination. The only thing I can reveal right now is that using the current formula I can simulate the feeling you have when a wild boar is trying to run you down (which is pretty much what work feels like on Monday). As you can tell I have much progress to make. Stay tuned!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaritas with Vodka?????

Sacrelige!

Glad y'all had fun :)

- Used to be Puppetainer, but Blogger kicked me off.

7:45 AM  
Blogger book_worm said...

Sacrelige of the margaritas or the vodka??

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Margaritas have been sacreliged.

One must use Tequila. Otherwise it's like a Jack and Coke with... Vodka or something.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Archana said...

By teenagers you mean me? aahh.......how mean of you!! You are underestimating the teenagers of today Sheeshoo! :P

7:25 PM  
Blogger Archana said...

Oh by the way, gimlet and margarita happen to be my favorite drink.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Sheeshers said...

Let me qualify that by saying that I really bought a "Margharita mix" which had Tequila included in it ... so no sacrilege there.

There were some mixes which got prepared such that Vodka was added additionally....

Oh what a mess!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Il est int�ressant de voir tous vous doit offrir sur le sujet.Toodle-oo, Sebrina instructions for wedding decorations

3:16 PM  
Anonymous shower invitations said...

This is a great place to find shower invitations go to http://www.weddinginvitations4u.com and see what they have I was very happy.shower invitations

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home