Monday, August 08, 2005

I can imagine the horror if I did this:

Okay you guys just have to read this. I can only imagine the horrors my life would go through if I did something ridiculous like this. A few questions come to mind:


1) First of all, for those who love their wives , they would notice that the lady was missing because you'd want to make conversation with her and in general you would be interacting with her even if she WAS sitting in the backseat. For those who detest their wives, they would've found the in-cabin atmosphere in the car to be far more quiet and congenial after pulling out of the gas station. So I don't see how you can miss the wife regardless of whether you love her or hate her.


2) Clearly there is something wrong if you drive for six hours and don't have conversation with your wife or even attempt to have one. If I was driving and Noddy was in the backseat and she didn't answer to something I said then I would be inclined to check the rearview mirror to see if she was asleep or what was going on. I wouldn't just "continue" driving. So this story doesn't make sense if he only finds out after SIX hours. Another thing.....did he then just keep driving constantly for six hours? No breaks, no stopovers, nothing????


3) And this is great intelligence on part of the wife as well. No money and no documents..... in a foreign land????????? (They were Macedonian, so I'm assuming they were tourists?).


Now what would happen if this happened with me and Noddy. First of all, there would be this lack of comprehension about how in the world can I forget my wife. Secondly, it would further bring my low IQ to the forefront (literally speaking). Thirdly, my in-laws would have confirmation that their daughter has married a severe nut-case. Finally, my brother and sister would make fun of this until the day we all die. Finally, I don't think I would ever be allowed to drive EVER AGAIN if Noddy and I went on a long roadtrip together. If I was allowed to drive, then everytime Noddy would get off at a gas station, she would probably put a yellow post-it on the steering wheel - "Do not forget .... wife in tow .... consequences can range from divorce fees or imprisonment of upto 18 months or both"

Yikes! I'd hate to be this man even if his stories are true. I hope this is all a bad dream for him and that this really didn't happen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Sounds to me as if me "meant" to leave her there. How convenient for him to have driven for 6 hours without "realizing" she wasn't there...hmmmm...kinda makes ya wonder about the man's marital integrity, doesn't it?
And even if he hadn't meant to, if I were the wife, I'd have hopped the first plane home and gone straight to my attorney!

12:52 AM  
Blogger BloggingSheHobbit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:29 AM  
Blogger BloggingSheHobbit said...

It doesn't say what happened to the daughter. If she was in the car she wouldn't have let him leave without mommy. If she wasn't in the car he would've missed stuff like "are we there there yet? I'm hungry!"...etc.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home