Sunday, September 18, 2005

Where am I?

At least a week's worth of blogging not done. Everyday I had so much in mind to blog but couldn't.

A few days after my last blog post, Noddy started complaining about a pain in the ball of her foot. Assuming it's just a-pain-in-the-ball-of-her-foot we concurred that it should be left alone to wane away. Well the pain decided to un-wane and grew constantly from that point on. By the previous Thursday evening, Noddy had to do nothing to her foot and she would experience these shooting searing pains that would originate from the ball of foot and travel outwards.... a terrifying situation indeed.

The Friday before last was spent visiting the family doctor, getting X-rays and knowing that this is possibly a fracture. Apparently, the X-rays did not show a fracture to this doc. Pain medication, crutches and some special shoes were welcomed into our home with much fanfare hoping that they would help the situation. The fact that we had to host a baby-shower last Sunday did not ease anything. The pain medication gave Noddy a false sense of security through Monday. For some wierd reason, the pain doubled on last Monday and we were off again..... this time seeing an Orthopedic doc on last Tuesday. He looked at the same X-rays that the previous doc looked at and clearly saw a fracture. Okay so maybe I should go to this previous doc's office and read his qualifications certificates hanging on his wall to make sure they're not from University of Phoenix Online Medical Program. The Orthopedic said it's gonna take about 6-8 weeks to completely heal but she can start walking around hopefully by Tuesday.

Noddy has pretty much been confined to bedrest since then. She entertains herself very well and doesn't let the bed-imprisonment get to her. It's a good thing she's light because I am carrying her up and down whenever needed. The house is now under my command (heh heh heh) and I am the Lord and Master of this mansion. Unfortunately, that also means I am the Janitor and Housekeeper of this place. Lunch is nowadays at home as I drive back from work and nuke some food for Noddy before heading back to work. Evenings are spent preparing some ice-packs, nuking dinner, replenishing her side-table supplies for next morning and then just enjoying the time with her.

Okay so you see clearly why I couldn't type as much as I would've liked to....

Blogging to get better from now on again...


Blogger Archana said...

That sounds tooo good [not for Noddy ..but she must be enjoying the care of her husband] and you with her :):D

6:23 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I hope she get's to feeling better soon.

Glad to have you back in the blogosphere.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home